I love to bake and cook. I don't think I've baked a dessert since the 4th of July! Well, I'm on vacation now so I had the time to make some cookies, peanut butter cookies. The recipe is pretty easy, I already had everything I needed.
1. Cream 1cup butter flavored shortening (I just used fresh butter) with 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup packed brown sugar.
2. Add 3 eggs (I used 4 med eggs) one at a time, mixing well after each one. Add 1 tsp of vanilla and mix.
3. In a separate bowl mix 3 cups of flour, 2 tsp baking soda and 1/4 tsp of salt.
4. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients while mixing. A stiff dough will form.
5. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and press with a floured fork, in a criss-cross pattern.
6. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes
7. Eat immediatley! Just kidding, let cool on a wire rack, then eat.
I had a tiny amount of vanilla ice cream so I made us some ice cream sandwiches for dessert.